Students develop and enhance occupational skills for employment in the construction and renovation industry. Students practice lot layout, concrete formwork, framing, demolition, renovations, interior and exterior finish and sustainable construction techniques. Theory and applications of safety standards, building codes, blueprint reading, energy efficiency, and environmental practices are studied. Students learn to interpret the Ontario Building Code as it applies to renovations and new construction. Focus is on the residential sector. Basics of entrepreneurship are presented.
1. High school diploma or Secondary school diploma
2. High school or Secondary school transcript of grades/marksheets
3. Master degree/Graduate diploma
4. Master degree/Graduate transcript of grades or marksheets
5. Language certificate
6. Reference letter (One or Two on request from University)