Students are immersed in an internationally recognized co-operative marine engineering cadet program designed in co-operation with Transport Canada Marine Safety and Security (TCMSS) and Canada’s shipping companies. Students focus on developing competencies required to function as part of a shipboard marine engineering team. Content includes, and is based upon, the TCMSS Engineering Officer Education Training (EOET) program requirements.
The final two semesters are open to anyone holding an STCW Reg. III/1 Marine Engineer Certificate of Competency. These students can apply for advanced standing exempting them from the first two years of the program. Upon completion of semesters five and six, they may be exempted from written examinations for 2nd and Chief Engineer Officer.
1. High school diploma or Secondary school diploma
2. High school or Secondary school transcript of grades/marksheets
3. Master degree/Graduate diploma
4. Master degree/Graduate transcript of grades or marksheets
5. Language certificate
6. Reference letter (One or Two on request from University)