Students engage in both theoretical and hands-on, practical training to perform most basic welding techniques. Upon completion of the program, students are eligible to test for Canadian Welding Bureau Qualifications based on their level of expertise.It is expected that most of the graduates will be prepared to enter the workforce as a Welder following the successful completion of this program.
Students develop skills and knowledge in Shielded Metal Arc Welding, Gas metal Arc Welding, Flux Core Arc Welding, Metal Core Arc Welding, Gas Tungsten Arc Welding, Oxy-fuel fusion & Braze Welding, Oxy-fuel and Plasma Cutting, fabrication and layout techniques, heath and safety, metallurgy, blueprint reading and sketching, applied math, communications and introduction to computers.
1. High school diploma or Secondary school diploma
2. High school or Secondary school transcript of grades/marksheets
3. Master degree/Graduate diploma
4. Master degree/Graduate transcript of grades or marksheets
5. Language certificate
6. Reference letter (One or Two on request from University)