A broad discipline that expands your awareness of the world.
Sociology is the analysis of human social relationships, cultures and institutions that profoundly shape both our lives and human history.
Because of sociology’s broad areas of interest, a degree in sociology is an excellent preparation for a variety of careers, including further postgraduate studies in the social sciences (sociology, social work, education, law, criminology and law enforcement and international development. Examples of a few careers within sociology include:
Urban/regional planner, Human rights officer, Social research specialist, Demographer, Career counsellor, Public health administrator, Correction officer, Market analyst, Journalist, Sociology educator.
1. High school diploma or Secondary school diploma
2. High school or Secondary school transcript of grades/mark sheets
3. Master degree/Graduate diploma
4. Master degree/Graduate transcript of grades or mark sheets
5. Language certificate
6. Reference letter (One or Two on request from University)