Learn Today to Inspire Others Tomorrow
If you want to
make a positive impact on future generations, change the lives of thousands,
and help make the world a better place, earn your degree in Education from St.
At SFC, you’ll get the personalized attention you need to become an effective educator, and the field experience to be an instructional leader.
St. Francis College’s professors have decades of experience in New York City schools as both teachers and administrators. Even in a tight teaching market, St. Francis College’s graduates are getting jobs right out of St. Francis.
St. Francis College’s technology-rich professional studies programs incorporate theory, field experience, supported pedagogy, and a semester of full-time, supervised student teaching. Candidates accepted into the Teacher Education program prepare for Initial New York State Certification in either Childhood Education, Adolescence Education or Physical Education.
Each program stress the following:
Education Majors can choose the following programs:
- BA English/Childhood or Adolescent Education
- BA Social Studies/Childhood or Adolescent Education
- BS Educational Studies - NEW
- BS Biology/Childhood or Adolescent Education
- BS Chemistry/Adolescent Education
- BS Mathematics/Adolescent Education
- BS Physical Education/K-12
- Minor Personal Training
- High School diploma