Waste Management in the Automotive Industry is a unique specialization on a national scale, which is a consequence of the dynamic development of companies in the automotive industry in Poland. The development of this industry, and the rapidly and constantly growing number of motor vehicles in use, make the issues of sustainable logistics, ecological and environmental safety challenges for future generations. The specialization enables students to become familiar with the latest technologies for the recovery and storage of materials and their recycling. Students will acquire information about technologies for the production of subassemblies and components for motor vehicles, including combustion, hybrid, and electric propulsion systems used in this industry.
As part of the specialization, students will also get to know how to recover materials for recycling in a modern way, thereby reducing the area of landfills. In this regard, the International University of Logistics and Transport pays a lot of attention to the knowledge of the law in the management of various types (also hazardous) technological waste, as well as end-of-life cars. As part of the laboratory classes, students are also familiarised with modern business information systems in waste management of the automotive industry.
Project "Qualified Staff for the Automotive Industry in Lower Silesia", no. POWR.03.05.00-00-ZR45 / 18 co-financed by the European Union under the European Social Fund.
Additional Benefits for Students:
- 3-month paid internships preparing for the profession – in Poland (min. PLN 3,500 net / month) and abroad (min. PLN 5,300 net / month),
- Certified, specialized training – CILT (UK),
- Certified industry courses raising competencies: IATF Automotive Quality Management System Representative, IATF Internal Auditor Course, Standard MMOG / LE V4 Course,
- Shaping practical problem-solving skills with the use of specialized tools and modern technologies through IT workshops: AnyLogic, ERP software, Spreadsheet, SQL,
- Lectures of practitioners, classes with employers, and study visits to renowned companies from the TFL and Automotive industries,
- Classes in fully equipped, specialized simulation laboratories,
- Specialized textbooks and additional interactive e-learning packages,
- Development of communication competencies and support of the student's practical skills.
Profile of Graduate:
Graduates of Bachelor studies are prepared to work in:
- factories producing components for motor vehicles (cars and trucks),
- logistics centers cooperating with the Automotive industry,
- dealerships selling used cars,
- repair workshops for motor vehicles (cars and trucks),
- companies dealing with waste management and recycling of materials from the automotive industry,
- enterprises providing services in the field of collection, export, waste segregation, and management of waste landfills.
-Secondary school Diploma/Certificate - translated into Polish or English by a sworn translator and apostilled.
-English Language Proficiency
-A document that certifies your English level is B2 or higher.