The bachelor of science in nursing (BSN) program is designed for the registered nurse who wishes to advance his or her knowledge in nursing, the sciences and the liberal arts. The program helps the registered nurse develop analytic and communication skills for professional excellence.
Upon completion of the program, the graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate professionalism in nursing practice.
- Apply leadership skills to promote a culture of quality care and patient safety.
- Discuss research and evidence as it applies to professional nursing practice.
- Describe the role of information technology in professional nursing practice.
-Demonstrate basic understanding of the impact of health policy, finance, social, political and regulatory processes on the healthcare system.
- Advocate for the client's needs in a diverse, global environment.
- Collaborate with clients and other healthcare professionals to promote quality care.
- Apply principles of health promotion and prevention to individuals, families and populations.