One can hardly find a place in Russia with such an impressive number of implemented national projects as in the Krasnoyarsk Territory. Siberian Federal University’s most focused “development points” have been determined in industry, power engineering, and energy, research, and education. Siberian Federal University, as a response to regional developmental challenges, was established in 2006 to train highly qualified specialists capable of working in any region of our country, including severe conditions of the Northern areas. The University was founded by merging 5 major Krasnoyarsk institutions of higher education. Among the members of the University Board of Trustees, there are representatives of large companies, politicians, and scientists. The Chairman of the Board is Dmitry Medvedev, the Prime Minister of Russia.
The mission of the University is to create an advanced education, research, and innovation infrastructure and to promote new knowledge and technologies to meet the challenges of social and economic development of the Siberian Federal District, as well as to form the human resources potential — competitive experts in the priority areas of the Siberian and Russian Federation development, corresponding to the modern intellectual requirements and meeting international standards. SibFU in figures:
- 22 schools and 3 regional branches.
- Over 31,000 students (half of whom come from all over Russia, including 741 overseas students).
- Over 700 post-graduate students.
- 7 860 employees, 3 450 teachers, 420 Professors, and Doctors' habits.
- 151 study programs (Bachelor & Master).
- 121 doctoral programs in 18 fields of study.
- 29 on-campus dormitories.
- 7 400 million RUR University profit in 2014.
- About 50 sports clubs in over 31 kinds of sport.
- About 100 creative and artistic student clubs.
- 70% of graduates get employed in the field of their major.